IT Audit Expert
Terms of Reference (TOR)
|Post Title:||Senior IT Audit expert|
|Organization:||Supreme Audit Office|
|Duty Station||Kabul, Afghanistan|
|Duration:||18th Months- Full time|
1. Introduction to SAO
Supreme Audit Office (SAO) is the only Supreme Audit Institution conducting audit of accounting and financial activities of the Government entities and organizations in Afghanistan. The SAO has the mandate to conduct Qatia Statement Audit, Financial Audits, Compliance Audits, Performance Audits and special audits on pre-determined government institutions. Its mandate, functions and powers are enshrined in the Supreme Audit Office Law.
Funded by the World Bank and implemented by SAO, FSP objective is to contribute self-reliance. The FSP is a direct derivative of the GoA’s strategic vision entitled “Realizing Self-Reliance: Commitments to Reforms and Renewed Partnership”. This vision has been translated into two key flagship reform programs. The first is the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF). The second complementary reform program – to which the FSP directly contributes through implementation support to the FPIP – is the GoA’s PFM Road Map.
The SAO Information Technology (IT) Audit Department plays a vital role in auditing the information systems of the government/public entities to ensure the information system’s productivity, efficiency and effectiveness in various relevant entities.
2. Objectives of the Assignment
SAO intends to hire a National Expert who is highly experienced in Information Technology Affairs Audit of the public entities to provide the SAO’s relevant audit divisions with necessary support and build the capacity of existing and new SAO staff. The expert will act as mentor and support to SAO IT Manager and auditors’ teams.
3. Duties and Responsibilities
Develop, maintain and upgrade IT audit plan.
- Review and evaluate existing IT audit plan.
- Set criteria for a standard IT audit plan.
- Identify the gaps.
- Propose a standard IT audit plan template that best suits SAO.
Develop appropriate audit tests to enable the auditors to:
- Identify the risks
- Achieve/set the desired audit objectives.
- Manage/mitigate the risks.
- Coach the IT audit team on conducting the audit on the field on audit planning, evaluation, documentation of the results, reporting and follow-up according to the annual plan.
- Prepare a follow-up mechanism for IT audit recommendations.
- Draft a procedure (mechanism) to follow-up the recommendations provided by IT auditors to various public entities.
Assist in development of a standard filing system.
- Review the current filing system in the IT department.
- Propose a filing system that best suits IT Department.
- Coach the staff on how to renew and maintain new filing system.
- Contribute in capacity building
- Evaluate the auditors’ performance on the field while auditing.
- Identify the deficiencies in their capability to better conduct the audit.
- Prepare training materials
- Conduct training
- Coach the staff to implement the new skills and in the reporting processes.
- Propose innovative solutions and methodologies to ensure IT methodologies reflect leading practices.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
4. Institutional Arrangement
Upon approval of this position by Civil Service Commission in SAO Tashkeel, the position will be shift to Grade Three in SAO Tashkeel as a IT Audit Expert under Information Technology Audit Deparment, for the time being this position is paid as per the NTA policy. The contract extension shall be subject to the quarterly performance appraisal of the expert.
5. Required Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelors’ Degree in IT, Computer Science and other related fields.
- EHC International Certificate
- Knowledge of COBiT, ISO 27001/27002, ITIL frameworks.
- At least 5 years of experience in IT audit.
- Knowledge of IDEA and ACL software.
- Team building and leadership skills
- Report writing and presentation skills in Dari, Pashto and English.
- Ability to work under pressure